WELCOME TO THE PERPETUAL WORLD OF HOKUSAI
The representative works of artist Hokusai include the Thirty-six Views of Mount Fuji series of landscape woodblock prints—which includes the famous The Great Wave as well as the Hokusai Manga (“Hokusai Sketches”), which triggered the Japonism movement that swept through Europe in the 19th century. While these and other of Hokusai’s famous works are generally known, they in fact represent a mere fraction of Hokusai’s works of art created over a career spanning some 70 years.
The exhibition draws close to the real Hokusai through masterpieces from Japan and abroad, recently discovered works, and works on public display for the first time.
Mori Arts Center Gallery (Roppongi Hills)
January 17 (Thu.) – March 24 (Sun.), 2019
- 10:00 – 20:00 (open until 17:00 on Tuesdays)
*Entry permitted up to 30 minutes before closing time.
- January 29 (Tue.), February 19 (Tue.), February 20 (Wed.), March 5 (Tue.)
- Adults 1,600(1,400) yen; University/High school students 1,300(1,100) yen;
Junior high school / Elementary school students 600(500) yen
- ( ) refer to advance and group discount tickets.Group discount tickets: more than 15 persons.
(Admission for up to one tour guide is free of charge.)
- *Admission fees for visitors with a disability certificate and up to one accompanying caregiver are half the regular admission fee.